This mod also expands the farming aspect of Starbound, adding up to 100 new farmables. Check it out by clicking the
Consumables (Soon) (Probably)
from 5.5.9 update Edit
- Farmable creatures now have a chance to lay eggs. If they are Happy (fed) and their mate time reaches 0 (60 minutes is the base) there is then a 10% chance for them to lay an egg. We'll expand on this later.
- Farmable creatures occasionally urinate, watering tilled soil
- added Growing/Hydro tray support for Ore Plants (voj-tek)
- Pangolin eggs can now be purchased at Terramart (was not available when tested)
- Fluffalo no longer give all their possible loot every harvest
- Animals emote their food preference when eating. This will help players to identify what foods they prefer.
- Animals poop less frequently
5.5.7 update Edit
- added Iron Trough
- Chicken Feeder can now feed farm animals
- default Fluffalos drop both plant fibres and cotton wool
5.5.6 update Edit
Growing Trays got a bit of a revamp:
- Fertilizers have been rescoped a bit. There are now more varieties of fertilizer and each has different results on plant growth within a Growing or Hydro tray. Rather than 3 strengths there are now 7!
- Liquid required...
5.5.5 update Edit
- added new farmable pet: Poptops! These are non-aggressive carnivores for your farm different from wild ones, and produce Sharpened Claws. You get your first eggs from Mama Poptop.
- all farmable pets now have a chance to drop Research when harvested
- farmable pets now poop, which can be used in a Growing Tray or Hydroponics Tray as decent fertilizer
5.5.4 update Edit
- new farm animal feeding system. Place animal feed in a trough (crafted at the Foraging station) rather than chucking it on the ground. Animals will seek out their food.
- the above change alters pet bahavior files for farm animals.
- animals cannot produce their resources unless they are fed and happy.
- Higher animal happiness = higher resource production. Starving animals lose happiness and thus production rates.
- 50% Happiness = 100% production, 100% Happiness = 200% production
- animals have preferred food types. Carnivores will not eat vegetation, while herbivores wont touch meat.
- foods eaten by cattle increase hunger by the food value of the item
- Cattle Feed will only feed herbivores and omnivores
- Cattle Feed is now a Food item