This page is under construction
Codex Description Edit
A gas ball with enough mass to allow exploration. Take extreme caution wandering here. Recommended: Extreme Pressure Protection.
Gas ball planets are seas of liquid gases, containing several floating islands made of cloud blocks, which are extremely rich in ores. Air is only present in the upper layer of the planet. Just below rests a sea of random liquid gas. The core of a gas ball is usually a sea of a random liquid, anything from Lava to Healing Water can be found there. The core may or may not be minable.
They are the only places where one can acquire Metallic Hydrogen outside of a lab, and in large quantities.
It is FU equivalent of vanilla asteroids, a high-risk, high reward planet with useful resources.
Do not attempt to explore until properly equipped!
Although it hosts no dangerous creatures (as of 4.19.6), a gas ball is quite dangerous to navigate on:
- Firstly, it applies the Extreme Pressure Debuff, which require some mid to late-game armor to resist (such as the Phase Armor).
- Then, as its only solid ground are medium sized floating islands, similarly to vanilla asteroids you should bring a way to fly around safely to avoid falling to the extremely hard core of the gas planet. Such as one of FU vehicles, a Spear with the Rocket Spear ability (such as the Irradium Spear), or a Staff with the Repulsion Zone ability. A grappling hook can be useful for the extremely high gravity. The Gravity Wand will work wonders here. An Emergency Teleporter is almost certainly a must-have if you are playing on survival or hardcore.
- Of all the hazards one might run into on these worlds, hostile enemies are not among them. The only creatures one will run into are space whales (which are passive unless you hit them) and gas-jellyfish (which are hostile, but static. They will damage you on contact, but they will not peruse you). This makes these worlds safer to mine for precious items than most worlds once you get past the requirements.
- Finally, you should be able to resist all harmful gases, as it is likely that not all randomly generated gases are going to be harmless. Again, the Phase Armor can be useful, but there are a few gases such as fire that the set will not resist. Useful EPP Barriers: Poison, Fire, etc.
If you are ready, though, it is a true treasure hoard!
These planets are extremely good sources of rare minerals, among which:
Gases are also found in plentiful amounts, as there are usually 3 to 4 layers of different randomly generated layers of gases, such as:
- feel free to add more gases when you found them!
- Cloud blocks
Possible Weather Edit
Dense Gas, Super Dense Gas, Impossibly Dense Gas.