The Hydroponics Tray is a Powered Station, it allows you to automatically produce farmables. To use, simply put seeds, water, and (optionally) Fertilizer in the top slots, and it'll automatically water and harvest them.
The stage of growth for the seed within shows on the device in the form of green vines.
This Powered Station requires 2u of power to work.
Power Station (Hydroponics Tray x1) Edit
Liquid Intake Edit
While crops are growing, the liquid level, an internal variable, is reduced by 1 each second. Whenever a harvest occurs or the liquid level falls below 0, a unit of liquid is consumed, raising the liquid level by a certain amount based on the type of liquid consumed (if the liquid level falls below 0 and no units of liquid remain, growth is halted until more liquid is added):
- Water: +10 liquid level
- Swamp Water: +12 liquid level
- Water Bucket: +15 liquid level
- Alien Juice: +15 liquid level
- Blood: +20 liquid level
- Organic Soup: +25 liquid level
- Aether: +27 liquid level
- Healing Water: +30 liquid level
Whenever a harvest occurs, a unit of fertilizer is consumed if possible (growth is not halted by lack of a fertilizer). Depending on the type of fertilizer consumed, the next harvest may have its yield or growth speed enhanced. By default, 3-5 (?) crops are produced every time a harvest occurs, and harvests occur every 50 seconds(?) (Hydroponics Tray, scriptDelta = 120) or every 30 seconds(?) (Growing Tray, scriptDelta = 460).
|Fertilizer Type||Crop Yield Multiplier||Growth Speed Multiplier|
|Rotten Food, Mulch, Fertilizer||1x||2x|
|Poop, Advanced Fertilizer||2x||1x|
|Elder Fluid, Reproductive Boost||3x||3x|
- The Hydroponics Tray is not a direct upgrade to manual farming as it does not produce any secondary drops a plant may have such as resin or plant fiber.
- There is also an early-game version called the Growing Tray. It doesn't require power and is much cheaper(3 Timber, 3 Dirt at a basic Foraging Table), which can be paired with the Well to let you begin autofarming almost immediately after completing the tutorial. Oddly, despite obviously being intended to be inferior, the Growing Tray currently seems to be better than the Hydroponics Tray, consuming water far more slowly.
- Although water is by far the easiest compatible liquid to obtain, the Hydroponics Tray does work with some other liquids, which drain at different rates and may affect crop yield over time(requires further testing).