Power Station (Solar Array): Edit
While the Solar Array is in the world, it checks light levels and the environment and adjusts its output every 10 seconds based on the following criteria:
- If the Solar Array is underground, submerged in liquid, obstructed by a wall, or in an area with a light level lower than 0.2, it does not produce power.
- If the Solar Array is located below y=500, power output is equal to 2*light level (full daylight and no artificial light sources produces a light level of 1.0).
- If the Solar Array is located between y=500 and y=700, power output is equal to 4*light level.
- If the Solar Array is located between y=700 and y=900, power output is equal to 6*light level.
- If the Solar Array is located above y=900, power output is equal to 10*light level.
- If power output would otherwise be larger than 12u, it is reduced down to 12u.
- All Solar Arrays work terribly with artificial light, meaning that natural sunlight is the only way to ensure maximum power. If you want better power, you'll need to build better generators.