Solar Towers are used to produce a very large, quick, and infinite supply of Power to various machines found in the mod pack such as the Quantum Extractor, Powder Sifter, Ansible Network and much more. When provided with the proper amount of light, the Solar Tower produces 12u of power.
Power Station (Solar Tower): Edit
While the Solar Tower is in the world, it checks light levels and the environment and adjusts its output every 10 seconds based on the following criteria:
- If the Solar Tower is underground, submerged in liquid, obstructed by a wall, or in an area with a light level lower than 0.2, it does not produce power.
- If the Solar Tower is located below y=500, power output is equal to 4.8*light level (full daylight and no artificial light sources produces a light level of 1.0).
- If the Solar Tower is located between y=500 and y=700, power output is equal to 9.6*light level.
- If the Solar Tower is located between y=700 and y=900, power output is equal to 14.4*light level.
- If the Solar Tower is located above y=900, power output is equal to 24*light level.
- If power output would otherwise be larger than 12u, it is reduced down to 12u.
- Solar Towers are not capable of outputting their max power unless natural sunlight falls on them. This means all solar is less than ideal within your ship, and you can not cheat the power with artificial light sources. If you want better power....build better generators.